TYPE: BACHELOR DEGREE
DURATION: 4 YEARS
ACCREDITATION: HEA, ZQF LEVEL 7
Bachelor of Arts with Education (Mathematics and Religious Education)
This program is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a career in education with a strong emphasis on mathematics and religious studies.
Through this program, students will gain a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of mathematics education and religious studies education. They will develop the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively teach mathematics and religious studies in various educational settings.
The benefits of this program are numerous. Students will acquire a broad and deep understanding of mathematics and religious studies, and they will be able to integrate these subjects into their teaching practices. They will also learn how to design and deliver effective lesson plans, create engaging learning activities, and assess student learning outcomes.
Additionally, students will gain valuable experience through practicum placements in real-world classroom settings, where they will work alongside experienced educators and gain practical experience in teaching mathematics and religious studies to diverse groups of students.
This program offers a unique and rewarding learning experience for students who are passionate about education, mathematics, and religious studies. Graduates of this program will be well-prepared to pursue a career in education or to further their education in graduate school.
YEAR 1: MATHEMATICS AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES EDUCATION
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
INTRODUCTION TO WORLD RELIGIONS
COMMUNICATION AND STUDY SKILLS
FOUNDATIONS TO MATHEMATICS 1
INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION
AFRICAN TRADITION RELIGION
HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
FOUNDATIONS TO MATHEMATICS 2
YEAR 2: MATHEMATICS AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES EDUCATION
SPECIAL EDUCATION, GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
AFRICAN CONVERSION TO CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM
RELIGION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY
YEAR 3: MATHEMATICS AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES EDUCATION
EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH METHODS
ISLAM IN AFRICA
MATHEMATICS TEACHING METHODS
EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH METHODS
SOCIOLOGY OF EDUCATION
INTRODUCTION TO STATISTICS & PROBABILITY
SCHOOL TEACHNG PRACTICE
YEAR 4: MATHEMATICS AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES EDUCATION
THEORY AND PRACTICE OF EDUCATION
RELIGIOUS STUDIES TEACHING METHODS
FUNCTIONS OF ONE COMPLEX VARIABLE
ADVANCED MATHEMATICS TEACHING METHODS
SOCIOLOGY OF RELIGION
EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
Programme Aims and Objectives
The learning program for a Bachelor of Arts with Education in Mathematics Education and Religious Studies Education aims to:
- Develop students’ knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and principles, and how to teach them effectively in a variety of educational settings.
- Equip students with the necessary skills and competencies to create effective and engaging learning experiences for students in the areas of mathematics and religious studies.
- Foster critical thinking and problem-solving skills in students, allowing them to analyze and evaluate mathematical and religious concepts and apply them to real-world situations.
- Develop students’ communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to effectively collaborate with colleagues, parents, and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Prepare students to become reflective practitioners, who are constantly evaluating their own teaching practices and seeking to improve upon them.
- Cultivate an appreciation for the role of religion in society and the importance of teaching religious literacy in schools.
- Develop students’ understanding of ethical and moral issues related to teaching mathematics and religious studies, and equip them with the skills to address these issues in an informed and sensitive manner.
- Provide students with opportunities to engage with research and scholarship in the fields of mathematics education and religious studies education, and encourage them to pursue further study in these areas.